Google Pixel 4 XL follows on similar lines as its predecessor, the Pixel 4, albeit with significant improvements. However, the lack of ultra-wide camera and average battery mileage may make you question the worth of the Google Pixel 4 XL.
At such a high-end price range, the Google Pixel 4 XL has so little to deliver – the camera performance is mediocre, there’s no fingerprint sensor, the battery life is highly disappointing.
- The Google Pixel 4 XL features a beautiful and elegant glass design.
- The OLED display is bright and sharp with a 90hz refresh rate.
- The processor performance is on point – it delivers a lag-free experience.
- The software UI is fluid, responsive, and bloatware-free.
- It does not have a fingerprint sensor.
- It has no ultra-wide camera.
- Average battery life
Given the Google Pixel 4 XL price in India, the features that you get makes you feel like it’s not your money’s worth.
The Pixel 4 XL features a massive 6.3-inch display with a USP – it has a refresh rate of 90Hz. While most phones have a 60Hz refresh rate, the Pixel 4 XL has a higher refresh rate meaning that you can enjoy super crisp, vibrant, and bright colours.
The 1440×3040 pixel resolution delivers sharp and deep blacks and blues without ever being oversaturated. The expansive viewing space is excellent for watching movies (especially since it has HDR10 support) and playing graphics-intensive games.
The Google Pixel 4 XL features a minimalistic design. There’s nothing flashy about the design – the phone flaunts two symmetrical glass panels on the front and back held together by a seamless black metal frame with rounded corners. While the black colour variant has a glossy back (naturally a fingerprint and grease magnet), the other two colour variants sport a matte finish look, so you don’t have to worry about smudges and fingerprints.
The back panel holds the square dual-camera module or the Pixel square. The right edge of the black metal frame houses the power button and volume rockers, whereas the dual-SIM slot lies on the left side. At the bottom, you have a USB-C port posited between two rectangular speaker grilles.
Google Pixel 4 XL has the Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 SoC to power its core – the same chipset that is seen in most Android flagship phones launched in 2019. Together with the 6GB RAM, the processor ensures a smooth and glitch-free performance all through.
The Google Pixel 4 XL runs on Android 10 along with up-to-date security. Since Google is the developer of Android, Pixel phones are the first to get the latest Android updates and features.
For the first time, Google introduced a secondary camera in a Pixel phone, more precisely, a telephoto lens that enhances the ability of Google’s image processing software to capture better zoomed-in shots. So, you have 12.2 MP (f/1.7 aperture) + 16 MP (f/2.4 aperture) shooters on the rear.
The 8MP front camera does a decent job of clicking social media-worthy shots
The battery capacity is where the phone lags behind severely. The Pixel 4 XL has a meagre battery capacity of 3700mAh. For light to medium usage (includes routine tasks like calling, texting, browsing, streaming music, etc.), the phone can pull through the day with a little charge left.
To conclude, we can’t help but have mixed feelings about Google Pixel 4 XL. On one hand, it boasts of a stunning display, a robust processor, and a decent set of cameras. However, when it comes to battery mileage, the phone is a huge disappointment. After all, from a phone packed with fantastic and powerful features, you would want to explore and enjoy various experiences on the go. Sadly, if you are a power-hungry user, you will have to carry a power bank with you as a buffer.
- Bluetooth5.0, A2DP, LE, aptX HD
- Thickness0.32 inches
- Height6.31 inches
- Weight193 g
- ColorClearly White, Just Black, Oh So Orange
- BuildGlass front (Gorilla Glass 5), glass back (Gorilla Glass 5), aluminum frame
- Width2.96 inches
- Display TypeP-OLED capacitive touchscreen
- Screen Size6.3 inches
- Pixel Density537 ppi
- ProtectionCorning Gorilla Glass 5
- Display Resolution1440 x 3040 pixels
- Aspect Ratio19:9
- Screen to Body Ratio81.3%
- CPUOcta-core (1x2.84 GHz Kryo 485 3x2.42 GHz Kryo 485 4x1.78 GHz Kryo 485)
- Chipset GPQualcomm SM8150 Snapdragon 855 (7 nm)
- GPUAdreno 640
- OSAndroid 10
- Expandable MemoryNo
- RAM/Internal Storage64GB 6GB RAM, 128GB 6GB RAM
- Dual Camera12.2 MP, f/1.7, 28mm (wide), 1/2.55, 1.4 micron16 MP, f/2.4, 45mm (telephoto), 1.0 micron, 2x optical zoom
- Back Camera FeaturesDual-LED flash, Auto-HDR, panorama
- Autofocusdual pixel PDAF, PDAF
- Back Camera Video4K30fps, 1080p30/60/120fps, 1080p30fps (gyro-EIS)
- Front Camera Video1080p30fps
- Front Camera FeaturesAuto-HDR
- Dual Camera8 MP, f/2.0, 22mm (wide), 1.22micron, no AFTOF 3D, (depth/biometrics sensor)
- HeadPhone JackYes
- LoudspeakerYes, with stereo speakers
- Audio FeaturesActive noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- User ReplaceableNon-removable
- Battery Capacity3700 mAh battery
- ChargingFast charging 18WUSB Power Delivery 2.0QI wireless charging
- Battery TypeLi-Po
- USB3.1, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector
- Network SupportGSM / CDMA / HSPA / EVDO / LTE
- GPSYes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO
- SIMNano-SIM card and eSIM
- WLANWi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, DLNA, hotspot
- SensorsFace ID, accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, barometer
- Water ResistantIP68 dust/water resistant (up to 1.5m for 30 mins)
- Announced On2019, October 15
- StatusNot Available in India
- 5 Simple Steps To Do Before Selling Your iPhone!Fri, 31 Jul'20If you are planning to sell your iPhone, then you need to take a few moments to back up your device completely so that you do not lose any data. This is extremely important, and you can choose to back up your device either to iCloud or through iTunes. Before selling your iPhone, it is advised to unlock your Apple Watch and Find my iPhone setting from your device. It is extremely important to perform a full device reset so that all the data on the iPhone is deleted without any trace for recovery.
- How To Easily Share WiFi Password On iPhone!Fri, 31 Jul'20Sharing the Wi-Fi password with guests can often be inconvenient and can be a hassle when you can’t remember the complex password that you have set. It can also be an issue when you remember the password but do not want the other user to know the password while sharing the network with them. While it is extremely important to have a high-quality and strong password for protecting your Wi-Fi network but its certainly not convenient. Luckily, the new iPhone trick makes it extremely easy to share the Wi-Fi password with your friends.
- How To Turn Your Old Smartphone Into A Security Camera!Fri, 31 Jul'20Smartphones have become very capable in the past few years opening up new opportunities that were previously not even possible. If you have an old iPhone or Android device lying around not being used, then you can double it up for many purposes. If you happen to feel the requirement for a security camera then you can easily convert your old smartphone that is probably collecting dust in a drawer into a full-fledged security camera. You can also choose to turn them into a baby monitor or a Google Home speaker, there are many options to convert your old smartphone and put it to good use
- With brand new smartphones costing upwards of $1000, it can become extremely tempting to buy a refurbished smartphone or even used smartphones given how much lesser they cost than the brand-new device. While you can get a used Samsung Galaxy smartphone or an iPhone for as little as half the price of a brand-new smartphone, is it really safe to use. Phones that are released years ago run on outdated versions of Android and that might mean that they don’t have critical security updates, here are a few things that you need.
- Siri shortcuts are one of the less commonly used tools that make an iPhone experience very powerful and very useful. If you have not already spent a lot of time exploring Siri Shortcuts on your iPhone, then this article might be able to change your mind here. Apple comes with its own Shortcuts app that can automate some of the common and routine tasks that most people regularly do. If you want, you can create a simple Apple Shortcut to start playing music, disable the Do Not Disturb, and read your messages. You can easily define a routine and trigger it just by saying “Hey Siri, Good Morning”
- 5 Steps To Take Before Selling Your Old Android Phone!Thu, 30 Jul'20Selling an Android phone involves multiple risks, it is important to backup your data properly so that you retain access to all your important data even after selling the old device. It is also equally important to cleanly wipe out the device so that other users such as the next owner of the smartphone doesn’t get access to any of your personal private data. Luckily there are a few easy steps you can take to back up the data on your Android smartphone and then completely wipe it out.
- How To Download Twitter Videos To Phone Or Computer!Thu, 30 Jul'20Twitter is an important microblogging platform and has a lot of creators post small but informative videos, if you have been watching these videos then it is almost sure you would have wanted to share some of these videos with your friends and family for them to watch. However, not all users are comfortable with Twitter and most of them do not even have the app installed on their phones. In such cases, it is generally easier to just download the video and share it with them on WhatsApp or other ways. However, Twitter doesn’t show the download option by default on the mobile app or Website. Here’s how to download a Twitter video to your PC or Phone
- How To Filter Netflix Kids Shows By Title And Age!Tue, 28 Jul'20If you are sharing your Netflix account with your kids, you might want to consider filter out the content that they are allowed to watch. Netflix has a lot of amazing shows, however, a lot of them have an 18+ rating and even more of them that require parental supervision. The popular streaming service now allows users to filter out kid's shows by title and the audience age group. Users can also secure their Netflix profile with a simple but effective four-digit pin to prevent children from accessing adult profiles.
- Apple recently had its completely online WWDC Event in which they revealed their iOS 14 operating system for iPhones. This new software release soon made its way out as a developer beta and allowed users to try out the latest features added in this year’s release. iOS 14 comes with a new picture in picture mode that allows you to minimize a video in the form of a small floating thumbnail and use them alongside a full-screen application. While this feature was already present on Android devices for a few years now, here’s how iOS 14 does it better.
- If you use your iPhone for a lot of intense and heavy data, then it is very easy to rack up the iCloud storage and run out of the free limit. It is highly recommended to have all your data backed up to the cloud to ensure that you do not lose any data at any point. If you are getting an error form iCloud saying you do not have enough iCloud storage left, there still is a way to go ahead and backup your iPhone to the iCloud. No matter how careful you are with your iPhone, at some point you might end up damaging it or losing it, it is times like these when the iCloud backup comes in very handy.
- 7spec scoreHonor 9S₹5,999Add to compare
- 7.4spec scoreHonor 9AAdd to compare
- 8spec scoreAsus ROG Phone 3₹49,999Add to compare
- 7.9spec scoreRealme 6₹13,999Add to compare
- 7.4spec scoreOPPO A12₹9,990Add to compare
- 7.7spec scoreVivo X50₹34,990Add to compare
- 8spec scorePOCO M2 Pro₹13,999Add to compare
- Infinix Smart 4 Plus₹7,999Add to compare
- 7.4spec scoreRealme C11₹7,499Add to compare
- OPPO Reno4 Pro₹34,990Add to compare