Pixel 3A XL is a classy phone for the high mid-range crowd who does not want to go for the premium Google Pixel 3 XL. Priced at Rs. 44,998, the phone couples camera and performance, making a significant effort to give a Pixel 3 XL experience at a lower price.
The Pixel 3A XL looks cool, but its real magic lies under the hood. With excellent performance and a significant battery, the phone will keep chugging for you and give you a reliable day’s worth of functions. However, the phone holds its spell in its camera, which is brilliant and can click amazing shots in both light and night times, resembling the superior camera of Pixel 3 XL.
Pixel 3A XL is a cheaper variant of Pixel 3 XL. It has a few pros and cons:
- The phone has a lovely OLED screen which enhances the warmers colours and provides incredible punch even at extreme angles.
- The Pixel 3A XL has an optimized processor which encourages smooth multitasking and gaming.
- The phone battery of Pixel 3A XL is large and potent enough to last you through a whole day and even a few more hours.
- The Pixel 3A XL has amazing cameras which capture bright daylight photos along with low-grained low-light shots.
- The Pixel 3 XL has a redundant polycarbonate body which does not strike as premium.
- The processor of this phone is mid-range, which is not at par with the high price that it comes in.
While the Pixel 3A XL does not have the value-for-money aspect attached to it, the phone is a beauty in terms of its camera, bezel-free display and battery. Overall, the phone is a beautiful handset for photographers who want to dabble in some multimedia processes as well.
Pixel 3A XL resembles its premium brother with its fantastic image capturing capabilities and performance, both of which makes it a capable all-rounder.
The 3A XL comes with a 6-inch OLED screen which is of a lower resolution – 1080p. The lack of bezels makes it much more immersive than the Pixel 3a. However, it uses glass as the base of its OLED and not plastic, which adds a punch to the colours. It appears warmer, especially bright colours like yellow, red and orange. It is in contrast to Pixel 3 XL’s bluish tint. With the 3A XL, texts appear much better, and you can immerse yourself in the videos. Plus, there is no colour distortion or shift, which is something that the higher-end Pixel 3 XL is notorious about.
Pixel 3A XL comes with a polycarbonate body, which does not hold that amazing original glass design of Pixel 3. On the front, it does not have the on-screen notch either. However, overall, the phone looks similar to the premium model of Pixel 3XL. It is comfortable to hold and is quite lightweight. You can launch Google Assistant or silence a call by squeezing the phone sides. You also have a stereo speaker too as well as the bottom audio speaker which is moved to the bottom edge of the handset.
The Pixel 3A XL comes with a Snapdragon 670 processor which is optimized by Google. Hence, despite being a mid-range processor, the chipset does not fail to handle multitasking. You can run multiple apps on this handset and yet, it will not lag or enter into a slow-down mode. However, the processing of the photos is handled by the chipset, and hence, it takes a bit of extra time to process the images. While in gaming, there was no lag and PUBG can run very smoothly, you will still not get the superior ‘speed and smoothness’ that processors like Snapdragon 855 have.
Pixel 3A XL arrives with the same camera that was provided to the Pixel 3 – an excellent camera which was considered one of the best in the market. The images produced by this handset is crystal clear and vibrant, but you have to adjust the focus accurately to get the best shot. It is especially true for bokeh shots if you want the get the perfect blur as the edge detection is not accurate. The camera comes with Night Sight for low-light photos, and it helps in getting you a low-grain, low-noise, low-light shot. The phone also has a feature called Time-lapse video. You can set the frames in a way that it records are various time intervals. It is quite good and captures clear videos, but it appears muddy in comparison to iPhone XR’s quality.
Google has bumped up the battery of Pixel 3a XL and has gone for a massive 3700 mAh battery. With video playback on airplane mode, the battery was able to last for 17 hours and 14 minutes, which is much better than Pixel 3 XL’s 16 hours and 49 minutes. Pls, the battery was able to charge fast and get to full charge within one and a half hour. The battery of the phone is a great USP and a significant improvement over Pixel 3a.
The Pixel 3a XL is a significant improvement over all the 3a and challenges the Pixel 3 XL in certain aspects. Regarding design, it may not have the premium touch as the high-end counterpart, and neither does it fare well with its performance. However, the phone has certain aspects that stand out. It has a wonderful battery and a bezel-free display, which is a significant improvement over the dated-bezeled screen of Pixel 3a. Along with that, the camera remains a significant USP producing clear pictures in daylight and low-light – an attractive feature which made the premium Pixel 3 – a camera king. If you are a photographer who delves in multimedia experience, then Pixel 3a XL is the phone for you.
- Bluetooth5.0, A2DP, LE, aptX HD
- Thickness0.32 inches
- Height6.30 inches
- Weight167 g
- ColorJust Black, Clearly White, Purple-ish
- BuildFront glass, plastic body
- Width3.00 inches
- Display TypeOLED capacitive touchscreen
- Screen Size6.0 inches
- Pixel Density402 ppi
- ProtectionAsahi Dragontrail Glass
- Display Resolution1080 x 2160 pixels
- Aspect Ratio18:09
- Screen to Body Ratio0.763
- CPUOcta-core (2x2.0 GHz 360 Gold 6x1.7 GHz Kryo 360 Silver)
- Chipset GPQualcomm SDM670 Snapdragon 670 (10 nm)
- GPUAdreno 615
- OSAndroid 9.0 (Pie)
- Expandable MemoryNo
- RAM/Internal Storage64 GB, 4 GB RAM
- Single Camera12.2 MP, f/1.8, 28mm (wide), 1/2.55, 1.4 micron
- Back Camera FeaturesDual-LED flash, HDR, panorama
- Autofocusdual pixel PDAF
- Back Camera Video2160p30fps, 1080p30/60/120fps
- Front Camera Video1080p30fps
- Single Camera8 MP, f/2.0, 24mm (wide), 1.12 micron
- Front Camera FeaturesHDR
- HeadPhone JackYes
- Audio FeaturesActive noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- User ReplaceableNon-removable
- Battery Capacity3700 mAh
- ChargingFast battery charging 18WUSB Power Delivery 2.0
- Battery TypeLi-Po
- USB2.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector
- Network SupportGSM / CDMA / HSPA / EVDO / LTE
- GPSYes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO
- SIMNano-SIM, Electronic SIM card (eSIM)
- WLANWi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- SensorsFingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, barometer
- Announced On2019, May
- StatusAvailable. Released 2019, May
Price / Buy
Get the best price for Google Pixel 3A XL
Get the best price for Google Pixel 3A XL
- 5 Simple Steps To Do Before Selling Your iPhone!Fri, 31 Jul'20If you are planning to sell your iPhone, then you need to take a few moments to back up your device completely so that you do not lose any data. This is extremely important, and you can choose to back up your device either to iCloud or through iTunes. Before selling your iPhone, it is advised to unlock your Apple Watch and Find my iPhone setting from your device. It is extremely important to perform a full device reset so that all the data on the iPhone is deleted without any trace for recovery.
- How To Easily Share WiFi Password On iPhone!Fri, 31 Jul'20Sharing the Wi-Fi password with guests can often be inconvenient and can be a hassle when you can’t remember the complex password that you have set. It can also be an issue when you remember the password but do not want the other user to know the password while sharing the network with them. While it is extremely important to have a high-quality and strong password for protecting your Wi-Fi network but its certainly not convenient. Luckily, the new iPhone trick makes it extremely easy to share the Wi-Fi password with your friends.
- How To Turn Your Old Smartphone Into A Security Camera!Fri, 31 Jul'20Smartphones have become very capable in the past few years opening up new opportunities that were previously not even possible. If you have an old iPhone or Android device lying around not being used, then you can double it up for many purposes. If you happen to feel the requirement for a security camera then you can easily convert your old smartphone that is probably collecting dust in a drawer into a full-fledged security camera. You can also choose to turn them into a baby monitor or a Google Home speaker, there are many options to convert your old smartphone and put it to good use
- With brand new smartphones costing upwards of $1000, it can become extremely tempting to buy a refurbished smartphone or even used smartphones given how much lesser they cost than the brand-new device. While you can get a used Samsung Galaxy smartphone or an iPhone for as little as half the price of a brand-new smartphone, is it really safe to use. Phones that are released years ago run on outdated versions of Android and that might mean that they don’t have critical security updates, here are a few things that you need.
- Siri shortcuts are one of the less commonly used tools that make an iPhone experience very powerful and very useful. If you have not already spent a lot of time exploring Siri Shortcuts on your iPhone, then this article might be able to change your mind here. Apple comes with its own Shortcuts app that can automate some of the common and routine tasks that most people regularly do. If you want, you can create a simple Apple Shortcut to start playing music, disable the Do Not Disturb, and read your messages. You can easily define a routine and trigger it just by saying “Hey Siri, Good Morning”
- 5 Steps To Take Before Selling Your Old Android Phone!Thu, 30 Jul'20Selling an Android phone involves multiple risks, it is important to backup your data properly so that you retain access to all your important data even after selling the old device. It is also equally important to cleanly wipe out the device so that other users such as the next owner of the smartphone doesn’t get access to any of your personal private data. Luckily there are a few easy steps you can take to back up the data on your Android smartphone and then completely wipe it out.
- How To Download Twitter Videos To Phone Or Computer!Thu, 30 Jul'20Twitter is an important microblogging platform and has a lot of creators post small but informative videos, if you have been watching these videos then it is almost sure you would have wanted to share some of these videos with your friends and family for them to watch. However, not all users are comfortable with Twitter and most of them do not even have the app installed on their phones. In such cases, it is generally easier to just download the video and share it with them on WhatsApp or other ways. However, Twitter doesn’t show the download option by default on the mobile app or Website. Here’s how to download a Twitter video to your PC or Phone
- How To Filter Netflix Kids Shows By Title And Age!Tue, 28 Jul'20If you are sharing your Netflix account with your kids, you might want to consider filter out the content that they are allowed to watch. Netflix has a lot of amazing shows, however, a lot of them have an 18+ rating and even more of them that require parental supervision. The popular streaming service now allows users to filter out kid's shows by title and the audience age group. Users can also secure their Netflix profile with a simple but effective four-digit pin to prevent children from accessing adult profiles.
- Apple recently had its completely online WWDC Event in which they revealed their iOS 14 operating system for iPhones. This new software release soon made its way out as a developer beta and allowed users to try out the latest features added in this year’s release. iOS 14 comes with a new picture in picture mode that allows you to minimize a video in the form of a small floating thumbnail and use them alongside a full-screen application. While this feature was already present on Android devices for a few years now, here’s how iOS 14 does it better.
- If you use your iPhone for a lot of intense and heavy data, then it is very easy to rack up the iCloud storage and run out of the free limit. It is highly recommended to have all your data backed up to the cloud to ensure that you do not lose any data at any point. If you are getting an error form iCloud saying you do not have enough iCloud storage left, there still is a way to go ahead and backup your iPhone to the iCloud. No matter how careful you are with your iPhone, at some point you might end up damaging it or losing it, it is times like these when the iCloud backup comes in very handy.
Discover Phones Best For You
- 8spec scoreLG V35 ThinqAdd to compare
- 8.1spec scoreOnePlus 5T₹29,999Add to compare
- 7.7spec scoreGoogle Pixel 2 XL₹45,499Add to compare
- 7.2spec scoreGoogle Pixel 3 XL₹53,970Add to compare
- 7.6spec scoreGoogle Pixel 2₹21,697Add to compare
- 7.2spec scoreGoogle Pixel 3₹44,999Add to compare
- 7.2spec scoreLG Q Stylo 4Add to compare
- 7.8spec scoreHuawei Mate 10 ProAdd to compare
- 7spec scoreHonor 9S₹5,999Add to compare
- 7.4spec scoreHonor 9AAdd to compare
- 8spec scoreAsus ROG Phone 3₹49,999Add to compare
- 7.9spec scoreRealme 6₹13,999Add to compare
- 7.7spec scoreVivo X50₹34,990Add to compare
- 8spec scorePOCO M2 Pro₹13,999Add to compare
- 7.4spec scoreOPPO A12₹9,990Add to compare
- 7.6spec scoreOnePlus Nord₹27,999Add to compare
- Infinix Smart 4 Plus₹7,999Add to compare
- 7.4spec scoreRealme C11₹7,499Add to compare