Trying to provide its premium model with some lower-variants, Google has introduced the Google Pixel 3a. Priced at Rs 39,999, the phone is not exactly cheap, but it seems almost like Pixel 3 and offers some similar aspects.
The phone comes as an acceptable model in terms of performance, design and display. However, the Pixel 3a flies off with its fantastic camera settings, mimicking its premium counterpart and therefore, turning out to be a real camera king. It is a suitable handset for photographers.
Pixel 3a is the cheaper variant of the Pixel 3. It has the following pros and cons:
It has a bright OLED screen which is colourful and sharp.
The processor of Pixel 3a offers smooth multitasking and fantastic gaming experience even with high-end games.
The phone has a potent battery which will keep it chugging for most of the day.
The Pixel 3a arrives with a brilliant camera offering both amazing low-light shots along with bright and beautiful day-light shots.
The Pixel 3a has a redundant polycarbonate design which does not stand out in the price range.
The phone has a bezeled display which looks dated.
The Pixel 3a comes with a mid-range processor which does not provide the smoothness of the high-end processor.
For the price that it comes in, the Pixel 3a turns out to be an average phone. While its camera remains its main highlight, the Pixel 3a is a mixed bag and only recommended for photographers.
Arriving with a redundant look, the Google Pixel 3a combines a great display and camera, making it a mid-range camera king.
The Pixel 3a arrives with a 5.6-inch screen which has thick bezels on top and bottom. The bezeled look is a surprise and makes the phone look very dated. But if you like traditional design, then the phone does have a surprise for you. The OLED screen is rich and vibrant. It gives you immersive deep colours which are the speciality of the OLED display. However, you might be turned off by the asymmetric bezels since the chin is thicker than the top. Even outdoor legibility is just about adequate – in harsh sunlight, the legibility lowers a lot. Try to keep it on the higher brightness level while using outdoors.
The Pixel 3a arrives with a polycarbonate body. It looks similar to its premium counterpart, and it offers the same half matte and half glass counterpart. However, it does not come with the metal that the premium model had but opts for the cheaper polycarbonate. The phone also has a lightweight attached to it, making it comfortable to hold. Overall, the phone is quite handsome and has some premium finish added to it to make it look like an expensive model.
In the performance end, the Pixel 3a falters – it comes with a mid-range Snapdragon 670 chipset. Of course, it does not always lag. The multitasking is smooth, and you can run multiple apps simultaneously but will not face a problem. The 3a does not come with Google Pixel’s Visual Core chip and so, processing images is entirely done by the chipset. It does a great job, but it is slow. Regarding gaming, games like Asphalt 9 and PUBG can run at high settings and will not lag. However, you will not get the smooth experience as a Snapdragon 855 chipset, which is what you get near this price range or lower.
Pixel 3a has the flagship feature in its camera. It has a 12.2MP rear camera, which is the same as Pixel 3, which is one of the best cameras present in the market right now. However, the Pixel 3a comes with only a single camera. The images are quite detailed, and in ideal light conditions, the colours are not saturated. They are impressive enough. However, after processing, the images became a bit cooler and gave off a blue tint. In low-light, Pixel 3a did a great job with Night Sight helping you like in Pixel 3. The noise was well controlled, and there was no grain captured. Even portraits turned out to be fantastic though it did not have the most accurate edge detection.
You get an 8MP selfie camera too which offer sharp colours and keeps the natural skin tone. Edge detection is not accurate, but you get good quality photos with it.
The phone comes with a moderate 3000 mAh battery, which is quite an improvement over the premium Pixel 3’s 2915 mAh battery. The OLED tends to drain the battery, but the processor is quite energy efficient and overall, the phone can keep you active for a whole day without a problem.
Google Pixel 3a is an average phone compared to its premium Pixel 3. It has an okay design with dated display and a mid-range processor. But these features are quite acceptable. The feature that stands out is the camera, which is almost as good as the Pixel 3 and delivers incredible images. The OLED display complements the camera by providing accurate and sharp colours to the viewer. Overall, if you are a photographer, then this set can be a great one for you. However, if you want processing speed, then opting for a OnePlus 7 would be a better choice.
- Bluetooth5.0, A2DP, LE, aptX HD
- Thickness0.32 inches
- Height5.96 inches
- Weight147 g
- ColorJust Black, Clearly White, Purple-ish
- BuildFront glass, plastic body
- Width2.76 inches
- Display TypeOLED capacitive touchscreen
- Screen Size5.6 inches
- Pixel Density441 ppi
- ProtectionAsahi Dragontrail Glass
- Display Resolution1080 x 2220 pixels
- Aspect Ratio18.5:9
- Screen to Body Ratio0.75
- CPUOcta-core (2x2.0 GHz 360 Gold 6x1.7 GHz Kryo 360 Silver)
- Chipset GPQualcomm SDM670 Snapdragon 670 (10 nm)
- GPUAdreno 615
- OSAndroid 9.0 (Pie)
- Expandable MemoryNo
- RAM/Internal Storage64 GB, 4 GB RAM
- Single Camera12.2 MP, f/1.8, 28mm (wide), 1/2.55, 1.4 micron
- Back Camera FeaturesDual-LED flash, HDR, panorama
- Autofocusdual pixel PDAF
- Back Camera Video2160p30fps, 1080p30/60/120fps
- Front Camera Video1080p30fps
- Single Camera8 MP, f/2.0, 24mm (wide), 1.12 micron
- Front Camera FeaturesHDR
- HeadPhone JackYes
- Audio FeaturesActive noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- User ReplaceableNon-removable
- Battery Capacity3000 mAh
- ChargingFast battery charging 18WUSB Power Delivery 2.0
- Battery TypeLi-Po
- USB2.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector
- Network SupportGSM / CDMA / HSPA / EVDO / LTE
- GPSYes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO
- WLANWi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- SensorsFingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, barometer
- Announced On2019, May
- StatusAvailable. Released 2019, May
Price / Buy
Get the best price for Google Pixel 3A
Get the best price for Google Pixel 3A
- 5 Simple Steps To Do Before Selling Your iPhone!Fri, 31 Jul'20If you are planning to sell your iPhone, then you need to take a few moments to back up your device completely so that you do not lose any data. This is extremely important, and you can choose to back up your device either to iCloud or through iTunes. Before selling your iPhone, it is advised to unlock your Apple Watch and Find my iPhone setting from your device. It is extremely important to perform a full device reset so that all the data on the iPhone is deleted without any trace for recovery.
- How To Easily Share WiFi Password On iPhone!Fri, 31 Jul'20Sharing the Wi-Fi password with guests can often be inconvenient and can be a hassle when you can’t remember the complex password that you have set. It can also be an issue when you remember the password but do not want the other user to know the password while sharing the network with them. While it is extremely important to have a high-quality and strong password for protecting your Wi-Fi network but its certainly not convenient. Luckily, the new iPhone trick makes it extremely easy to share the Wi-Fi password with your friends.
- How To Turn Your Old Smartphone Into A Security Camera!Fri, 31 Jul'20Smartphones have become very capable in the past few years opening up new opportunities that were previously not even possible. If you have an old iPhone or Android device lying around not being used, then you can double it up for many purposes. If you happen to feel the requirement for a security camera then you can easily convert your old smartphone that is probably collecting dust in a drawer into a full-fledged security camera. You can also choose to turn them into a baby monitor or a Google Home speaker, there are many options to convert your old smartphone and put it to good use
- With brand new smartphones costing upwards of $1000, it can become extremely tempting to buy a refurbished smartphone or even used smartphones given how much lesser they cost than the brand-new device. While you can get a used Samsung Galaxy smartphone or an iPhone for as little as half the price of a brand-new smartphone, is it really safe to use. Phones that are released years ago run on outdated versions of Android and that might mean that they don’t have critical security updates, here are a few things that you need.
- Siri shortcuts are one of the less commonly used tools that make an iPhone experience very powerful and very useful. If you have not already spent a lot of time exploring Siri Shortcuts on your iPhone, then this article might be able to change your mind here. Apple comes with its own Shortcuts app that can automate some of the common and routine tasks that most people regularly do. If you want, you can create a simple Apple Shortcut to start playing music, disable the Do Not Disturb, and read your messages. You can easily define a routine and trigger it just by saying “Hey Siri, Good Morning”
- 5 Steps To Take Before Selling Your Old Android Phone!Thu, 30 Jul'20Selling an Android phone involves multiple risks, it is important to backup your data properly so that you retain access to all your important data even after selling the old device. It is also equally important to cleanly wipe out the device so that other users such as the next owner of the smartphone doesn’t get access to any of your personal private data. Luckily there are a few easy steps you can take to back up the data on your Android smartphone and then completely wipe it out.
- How To Download Twitter Videos To Phone Or Computer!Thu, 30 Jul'20Twitter is an important microblogging platform and has a lot of creators post small but informative videos, if you have been watching these videos then it is almost sure you would have wanted to share some of these videos with your friends and family for them to watch. However, not all users are comfortable with Twitter and most of them do not even have the app installed on their phones. In such cases, it is generally easier to just download the video and share it with them on WhatsApp or other ways. However, Twitter doesn’t show the download option by default on the mobile app or Website. Here’s how to download a Twitter video to your PC or Phone
- How To Filter Netflix Kids Shows By Title And Age!Tue, 28 Jul'20If you are sharing your Netflix account with your kids, you might want to consider filter out the content that they are allowed to watch. Netflix has a lot of amazing shows, however, a lot of them have an 18+ rating and even more of them that require parental supervision. The popular streaming service now allows users to filter out kid's shows by title and the audience age group. Users can also secure their Netflix profile with a simple but effective four-digit pin to prevent children from accessing adult profiles.
- Apple recently had its completely online WWDC Event in which they revealed their iOS 14 operating system for iPhones. This new software release soon made its way out as a developer beta and allowed users to try out the latest features added in this year’s release. iOS 14 comes with a new picture in picture mode that allows you to minimize a video in the form of a small floating thumbnail and use them alongside a full-screen application. While this feature was already present on Android devices for a few years now, here’s how iOS 14 does it better.
- If you use your iPhone for a lot of intense and heavy data, then it is very easy to rack up the iCloud storage and run out of the free limit. It is highly recommended to have all your data backed up to the cloud to ensure that you do not lose any data at any point. If you are getting an error form iCloud saying you do not have enough iCloud storage left, there still is a way to go ahead and backup your iPhone to the iCloud. No matter how careful you are with your iPhone, at some point you might end up damaging it or losing it, it is times like these when the iCloud backup comes in very handy.
Discover Phones Best For You
- 7spec scoreHonor 9S₹5,999Add to compare
- 7.4spec scoreHonor 9AAdd to compare
- 8spec scoreAsus ROG Phone 3₹49,999Add to compare
- 7.9spec scoreRealme 6₹13,999Add to compare
- 7.4spec scoreOPPO A12₹9,990Add to compare
- 7.7spec scoreVivo X50₹34,990Add to compare
- 8spec scorePOCO M2 Pro₹13,999Add to compare
- Infinix Smart 4 Plus₹7,999Add to compare
- 7.4spec scoreRealme C11₹7,499Add to compare
- OPPO Reno4 Pro₹34,990Add to compare